cooking thread!

Alli

cooking thread!

Post by Alli »

what're you making these days! share some recipes, post some pics!

i'll start us off. Here's some cod with asparagus and orzo and lemon i made a couple weeks ago. I'll edit in the recipe later!

I've been really getting into the one pot stuff. Less cleanup, nice and easy cooking.
posting on a forum, being cute, god what do i even put in a signature it's been ever so long. oh! discord: Alli#8433
RecreationalEgodeath

Post by RecreationalEgodeath »

how was it? did you basically sort of cook the orzo first and add it? it looks like it'd be good..
~~In Loving Memory~~

Check out my OnlyFans @: https://onlyfans.com/recreationalegodeath
SabrinaTVBand

Post by SabrinaTVBand »

Alli wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 1:25 pm I've been really getting into the one pot stuff. Less cleanup, nice and easy cooking.
That looks delicious! I also really love one pot meals; I used to make a single-pot mac & cheese all the time [I should return to it; I wrote down the recipe a while ago, I need to share it and start making it again]

Here's a pasta I made recently; just store-bought vodka sauce
june

Post by june »

does a sandwich count as cooking? I made this the other night and it was tasty

crazy to think some people go their whole life without putting anything up their butt...
Alli

Post by Alli »

RecreationalEgodeath wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 4:01 pm how was it? did you basically sort of cook the orzo first and add it? it looks like it'd be good..
this one was actually incredible. i want to do it way more except with frozen cod. fresh is like, incredibly not cost effective. but it tasted amazing and was super filling.

actually, cooked the cod first, then did the orzo and asparagus in uh chicken broth and a tiny amount of lemon juice iirc? and then added back in the cod at the end to get it warm again. heck with it give me a sec i--

here's the recipe!
posting on a forum, being cute, god what do i even put in a signature it's been ever so long. oh! discord: Alli#8433
RecreationalEgodeath

Alli wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 11:49 pm
RecreationalEgodeath wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 4:01 pm how was it? did you basically sort of cook the orzo first and add it? it looks like it'd be good..
actually, cooked the cod first, then did the orzo and asparagus in uh chicken broth and a tiny amount of lemon juice iirc? and then added back in the cod at the end to get it warm again.
The lemon is a great add - either in the cooking or right at the end, because it's so bright it changes the whole attitude of the dish. I've added it to a lot of chicken soups right before serving lately for that reason. If they're brothy it's real good - it just plays nice with light flavors.

Personally, I'm making Italian beef today so I'm gonna be happy to take pics!
~~In Loving Memory~~

SoniEx2

Post by SoniEx2 »

we're pretty good at burning food!

ah well XD

at least it didn't taste terrible this time, so there's that.
"it" instead of "you" (e.g. "what is it up to?", instead of "what are you up to?"). HRT: FINALLY ;-;
RecreationalEgodeath

I didn't end up posting the Italian beef because I wasn't really all that happy with it (it was fine, just really nothing special) but I did make some lentil soup today that's less impressive I guess, but really does satisfy.

I don't really have a recipe this time, so basically I chopped two stalks of celery, a shallot, two small carrots, and minced 4 cloves of garlic and I set them to simmer in about 3 cups of chicken bone broth. And the liquid you use doesn't really matter, but I like this so... I added about a cup of dry red lentils and a tsp of salt, cracked black pepper, and a bay leaf and when it started to boil again, lowered it to a simmer and added a few tablespoons of tomato paste. At the end, I wanted it to be brothier, like a soup, so I added another cup of water and a bouillon cube basically. (I also used the last of my chipotle cholula hot sauce and I guess that had to have been about half a tsp, just wanted to get rid of it with something where it'd taste good, and it worked out. If I wanted to recreate it, I could use another chipotle hot sauce or some of the adobo sauce from a can of chipotle and adobo.)

Oh! Anyhow, lentils once in the pot basically take about 30-40 minutes to get tender. You can cook them until they break down, of course, but I didn't want that. It's a pretty quick soup.
~~In Loving Memory~~

Alli

Post by Alli »

ohhhhh this looks really good. one of the things I'm really bad at is cooking beans from dry, so the 30-40 minute tip for me is...critical. awesome.

thinking about 1) this and/or 2) subbing black beans and a poblano and making some ancho chile paste to throw in there, kinda go a little southwest with it

making me hungry thinking about it, omg
RecreationalEgodeath

So speaking of beans, I have an issue with remembering to soak them and it's like - I am lazy, you know? I have to cook basically every day, several times a day, so a few nights ago I decide that yeah, I'm gonna remember to soak overnight. And I don't. lol.

But I can't ever go anywhere so I just do it in the morning whatever, who care. And there's this bit where you can take a whole pot and get it to a boil with the beans in for ten minutes or whatever, then just let it sit - and it'll take 3-4 hours to soften or you can be like me and just let that sucker sit all day on the counter because who care. This is easier, so you can guess what I did.

So I make this pot of beans and then I make beans and rice, but now I've got a second pot of pepper and onion flavored beans and I need to do something with that, too. Which is the blessing and curse of having several pounds of cooked beans. So I just end up making it into that into this bean soup. I just cooked sausage, added more bean liquor, broth, etc. So I still have like... half the pot left and I guess it's just fortunate my ass likes beans and rice because I'm eating a ton of this right now.
~~In Loving Memory~~